Okay, so it really is baked oatmeal. But since it was Pi Day over the weekend and I wanted to use my pretty pie dish, I’m calling it oatmeal pie. I’ve been seeing baked oatmeal recipes on Pinterest and decided it was time to try one. I’m glad I did. This was an easy, healthy and special breakfast.
- 3 bananas, mashed (I used smaller bananas and ended up with about 285 grams)
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs chopped pecans
- A few dashes cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish or pie pan with cooking spray.
- Mix mashed bananas, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add oats, baking powder. baking soda, cinnamon and nuts. Mix well and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes, until center is set and edges are browned.
I topped this with a drizzle of maple syrup because it needed a little more sweetness. I think if my bananas were riper or if I had used bigger ones, it might have balanced it out a bit more. But the maple syrup was an extra nice treat!
Quick-glance nutrition information (from myfitnesspal app)
Servings: 4 | Calories: 241 | Fat: 6.1 grams | Carbs: 39.8 grams | Protein: 8.4 grams