I’m usually not a big fan of touching raw meat. In fact, I’ll go way out of my way to avoid it – think rubber gloves, awkward use of two forks. But I have made these meatballs twice now and willingly smushed raw ground turkey around in my hands. I guess I just like them that much.
The first time I made them, I followed the recipe as directed here. But this time, I decided to make Italian meatballs to pair with spaghetti squash. I like both versions of the recipe.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and extra liquid squeezed out
- Hearty shakes garlic powder, dried oregano and basil
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except sauce in bowl. Mix well with your hands.
- Form 16 meatballs. Top with sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
Quick-glance nutrition information (from myfitnesspal app)
Per meatball | Calories: 70 | Fat: 2.5 grams | Carbs: 5.3 grams | Protein: 7 grams
Adapted from here.