You know when you see a recipe and you know it’s going to be good? I knew this Quinoa Salad with Kale and Feta was going to be so good, and I’m not sure why because I honestly wasn’t sure if I liked kale. I think I cooked with it once or twice before and couldn’t remember the outcome. But it seems like everyone trying to be healthy bows down to kale, and quinoa… and I already love quinoa, so… this had to be a winner, right?
And oh man, it was. I haven’t tried it cold yet (for the salad part), but warm, this made the perfect side dish for my single gal Valentine’s Day dinner for one. I paired it with some oven baked chicken tenders (“breaded” with almond meal). I was in healthy meal heaven.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, diced small
- 1 container baby kale (5 oz.)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1-2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Cook quinoa according to directions. Once water is absorbed, remove from heat and pour dried cranberries over quinoa in pot. Put a piece of paper towel over the top of the pot and place lid back on. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and saute the onion until it begins to soften
- Add kale to the pan and cook until wilted
- Pour quinoa and cranberries into large bowl. Add kale and onions, top with almonds and feta. Mix well. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste and mix well.
Quick-glance nutrition information (from myfitnesspal app)
Servings: 8 (about 4.5 oz – sorry, I weighed instead of measured!) | Calories: 147 | Fat: 4.8 grams | Carbs: 21.4 grams | Protein: 5.3 grams
Originally from here.