I’ve made it a goal to eat more vegetables. When I was a kid, according to my mom, I loved all vegetables. Until I started going to school, that is, and learned from other kids not to like them. Since I’ve become an adult, I’ve been reintroducing vegetables back into my diet. Some vegetables have come easy, and some are taking a bit of work. Usually my trick is to incorporate them into something I like.
So when I came across this slow cooker curry recipe, I knew this was a good opportunity to camouflage a vegetable or two. And so i give you…
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry with Veggies
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 12 oz. bag cauliflower florets
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 oz. baby spinach (about 2/3 of one of those plastic boxes)
- Put chicken and cauliflower in slow cooker
- In a bowl, mix onion, curry powder, ginger, tomatoes, coconut milk, salt and red pepper flakes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Poor mixture over chicken and cauliflower.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Add spinach and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until spinach is cooked.
- Serve with brown rice or naan or eat on it’s own!
Quick-glance nutrition information (from myfitnesspal app)
Servings: 6 (1 cup each) | Calories: 168 | Fat: 7.8 grams | Carbs: 9.7 grams | Protein: 15.9 grams
Adapted from here.