For me, there is nothing better than an easy, healthy slow cooker meal. And that’s just what these stuffed peppers are. No pre-cooking of meat necessary, which means no extra dirty pots. I usually stick leftover rice from other meals into the freezer for when I want to make these and then I don’t even have to worry about cooking the rice.
- 5 bell peppers
- 2 lbs. 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- Mix ground turkey, brown rice, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Cut tops off the peppers and clean out insides. Save the tops.
- Fill each pepper with the ground turkey mixture.
- Place peppers in the crock pot and put the tops on.
- Pour water into bottom of crock pot.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours – mine are usually done at 6.
- Enjoy! Sometimes I like to top with a bit of extra ketchup.
Adapted slightly from: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/05/crockpot-stuffed-pepper-recipe.html
Quick-glance nutrition information (from myfitnesspal app)
Servings: 5|Calories: 256 Fat: 8.8 grams | Carbs: 21.1 grams | Protein: 24.3 grams