Oh, Pinterest. I don’t know what I’d do without you. I’ve found many great recipes (and some not-so-great – one-pot wonder pasta recipes, I’m looking at you) in my countless hours of Pinterest browsing. Today’s recipe comes from one of my Pinterest sessions.
I tend to be an egg sandwich, English muffin with peanut butter, or oatmeal for breakfast kind of girl. But every once in a while, I want something on the sweeter side and special. So when I’ve got a craving for something different, but I still want to be healthy, this is where I turn.
I won’t even try to tell you that I feel like I’m eating pancakes when I make these Banana “Pancakes.” If you’re really craving pancakes, these won’t do it. They’re more of an omelet consistency with a mellow, sweet banana flavor. And they’re super filling! This is my favorite treat after my long run on Sundays.
Banana Silver Dollar “Pancakes”
- 1 banana
- 2 large eggs
- Generous dash cinnamon
- Optional: Sometimes I like to jazz this up with a little pumpkin butter
- Mash up the banana with a fork in a bowl
- Add the eggs and mix it all together well
- Stir in however much cinnamon you’d think you’d like
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray
- Use a tablespoon of mixture for each pancake – it’ll be easier to flip
- Once the “pancakes” have set up a bit around the edges, flip and cook the other side
Really easy and feels like a breakfast splurge! Do you have any quick and healthy breakfast ideas that I should try?
Quick-glance nutrition information (from myfitnesspal app)
Servings: 1 | Calories: 230 | Fat: 9 grams | Carbs: 23 grams | Protein: 13 grams
Original source: http://www.recipebyphoto.com/3-ingredient-pancakes/